The covered patios attached to house give advantage to house structure as it provide the supporting to end of roof in the ledger mounted horizontally to the house.
Issues to Attach the Covered Patios
There are different ways to attach the covered patio to house. In a one story house, the best location to attach the ledger is below the eaves. In two story house, the ledge is able to tie in the band joist; this is located in the floor. Next is the budget that you need to spend when you decide to make this covered patios attached to house. When you need to make a budget, then it is time to consider several things that affect to the cost.
• First, calculate the accurate square footage of roof that you will need to build. The width from, the base is your pricing to start. This measurement also will give you with the amount of material that you need, whether it will be the redwood slats, vinyl panels, or the fabrics.
• Choose the material. You need to choose the style that you want. Whether it will be the fixed, canvas, or the retractable.
• Think about the maintenance of covered patios attached to house. The wood roofs will be needed to be painted, the canvas will wear out. In addition, aluminum and vinyl is the most durable one.
• Look to the kits. If you are lucky, then you might find the aluminum or wood patio covers that cost between $1000 to $2000. This is price friendly just like Alumawood patio covers price. However, you will need to install by yourself.
• Consider the retractable type. If you need protection from the sun, then you need to choose the retractable style. The cost that you need to spend when you choose to buy the retractable patio cover is about $4000-$1000.
• Take the estimation budget that you need to spend. After you get what you desired, then you can ask the contractors to estimate the budget that you need to spend. When you make the estimation, be flexible with the cost variable. It is better to get the better price that meet with your requirement.
Step By Step to Build Covered Patio Attached to House
You are skilled in DIY project? Then you might interest to build your own covered patio attached to your house.
• Start the DIY project by decides the area that will covered with the depth, height and width. Lumber has limitation, so it is important for get accurate measurement for the expected loans and the area spans.
• Consider the type of wood that you will use.
• Square up of post holes and install it. To make it keep straight use the level and braces.
• Ensure the bad side of beam faces the outside of roof.
• Mark out the beam top
• Install the bracket
• Lift and beams and ensure the post are same level
• Install the diagonal cross and nail with strong nails to have proper installation, then install 2×2 perpendicular cross member.
• Install the roofing.
• Start to wrap the metal bracing and secure the structure of main building
• Finally, add decorative and final bracing to over.
When you establish on the project to do by yourself then it is important that you have enough skill to build covered patios attached to house. The safety is key for your patio covered to house.
Disclaimer: All images, designs or videos in this page are copyright of their respective owners. We don’t own have these images/designs/videos. We collect them from search engine and other sources to be used as ideas for you. No copyright infringement is intended. If you have reason to believe that one of our content is violating your copyrights, please do not take any legal action. You can visit our contact us form directly to be credited or have the item removed from the site.